John Carmel Heenan (1905-1975) was Bishop of Leeds, Archbishop of Liverpool and Cardinal Archbishop of Westminster. This school is a living tribute to a very faithful servant of God. We are proud to bear his name.
We wear the word Veritas (Truth) on our school blazers in memory of St Thomas Aquinas. He lived a life of prayer and study which led him to the Dominican Order, whose motto is Veritas. He sought truth wherever it could be found and burned with the desire to know the one truth, God, which gives meaning to all truths.
The Catholic Christian community at Cardinal Heenan
- helps pupils to know and understand Jesus Christ
- forms pupils who live the Catholic faith by prayer, sacraments and service
- makes learning challenging and enjoyable for all so that we will secure the best outcomes and remain lifelong learners who are committed to seeking truth
- helps all to learn and grow, treating one another with respect and generosity
- supports parents as the first and most important educators of our children
- inspires excellence by encouraging every individual to be the person that God calls us to be, in preparation for this life and the life to come