MOMO Online Safety Guide for Parents
Recently, the Momo Challenge has been covered extensively in the news and the disfigured avatar has been popping up all over the internet.
Please see the information guide for parents.
In line with all online safety advice we would suggest that parents are encouraged to:
- Ensure they know what their children can access
- Ensure children understand the importance of not giving personal information to anyone they do not know
- Tell their children no-one has the right to make them do anything they do not want to do
- Use parental controls to keep children safe
Among the most common signs to watch out for include children who:
- Become very secretive, especially about what they are doing online
- Are spending a lot of time on the internet and social media
- Are switching screens on their device when approached
- Are withdrawn or angry after using the internet or sending text messages
- Have lots of new phone numbers or email addresses on their devices