Teacher of Science
Full time (Temporary to cover maternity leave)
Cardinal Heenan 'is a harmonious community where students from different backgrounds get on well together, and are respectful of each other and of adults’, and ‘the majority of students make good progress as they move through the school’.
We are a truly comprehensive school which believes in achievement for all and are proud to serve the diverse Leeds Catholic community. While our Catholic ethos sets us apart from other schools we welcome staff and pupils from all backgrounds and faiths.
In February 2018 Ofsted judged the school to be ‘Good’ and we are currently searching for committed individuals who wish to join us on our path to ‘Outstanding’.
We are eager to hear from you if you are:
· An excellent practitioner who believes that all pupils can achieve
· Able to excel in an environment where pupils genuinely enjoy school and have a love of learning
· Ambitious for yourself and our pupils, and able to thrive in our supportive, collaborative environment
In exchange we will offer you a science department that:
· Will encourage and support you in our journey to 'Outstanding'
· Works collabaritively, is willing to try new ideas and appreciates change when the intended impact is clear
· Is committed to CPD and preparing teachers for future opportunities that come their way
Further details and Catholic Education Service application forms are available here
Closing date: Wednesday 7 November at noon.
Interviews will take place on Monday 12 November 2018.