Teacher of Science
Part Time Post (0.64 FTE) – Permanent starting 1 September 2022
Governors welcome applications from teachers who are keen to develop their career in a thriving department that secures very good results. The successful applicant will be joining an experienced and diverse team, with the ability and capacity to support colleagues. As such, this post is equally suitable for Early Careers Teachers, as well as experienced colleagues who are ready to take the next steps in their career.
Science is taught across key stages 3 & 4, and all ability ranges.
The Catholic life and mission of the school underpins everything that we do and is supported by the whole school community, our local parishes and feeder primary schools. We are a truly comprehensive school which believes in achievement for all and are proud to serve the diverse Leeds Catholic community. While our Catholic ethos sets us apart from other schools we welcome staff and students from all backgrounds and faiths. In February 2018 Ofsted judged the school to be ‘Good’ and we are currently searching for committed individuals who wish to join us on our path to ‘Outstanding’.
We are eager to hear from you if you are:
• An excellent practitioner who believes that all students can achieve.
• Able to excel in an environment where students genuinely enjoy school and have a love of learning.
• Ambitious for yourself and our students, and able to thrive in our supportive, collaborative environment.
• Passionate about teaching and promoting Science.
We will offer you a school that:
• Will encourage and support you in our journey to ‘Outstanding’.
• Works collaboratively, is willing to try new ideas & appreciates change when the intended impact is clear.
• Is committed to CPD and preparing teachers for future opportunities that come their way.
Further details and our Catholic Education Service application form is available below. If you would like any further information about the role or department, please email email@example.com.
Please note that covering letters are not required and will not be used as part of the shortlisting or selection process. There is a section of the application form where candidates can offer further information to support their application. This can take the form of a letter of no more than two sides of A4.
Closing date: Monday 16 May at 9:00am.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, hence all appointments made are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.