Teacher of Religious Education
Permanent, Full time post
Required from 19 April 2022
Governors welcome applications from teachers (newly qualified or experienced) who are keen to develop their career in a thriving department that secures very good results. A willingness to take a full and active part in the Catholic life of the school is essential.
Religious Education is at the core of our curriculum and is taught across both key stages and all ability ranges. The Catholic life and mission of the school underpins everything that we do and is supported by the whole school community, our local parishes and feeder primary schools.
We are a truly comprehensive school which believes in achievement for all and are proud to serve the diverse Leeds Catholic community. While our Catholic ethos sets us apart from other schools we welcome staff and students from all backgrounds and faiths. In February 2018 Ofsted judged the school to be ‘Good’ and we are currently searching for committed individuals who wish to join us on our path to ‘Outstanding’.
We are eager to hear from you if you are:
- An excellent practitioner who believes that all students can achieve.
- Able to excel in an environment where students genuinely enjoy school and have a love of learning.
- Ambitious for yourself and our students, and able to thrive in our supportive, collaborative environment.
- Passionate about teaching and promoting Religious Education.
We will offer you a school that:
- Will encourage and support you in our journey to ‘Outstanding’.
- Works collaboratively, is willing to try new ideas and appreciates change when the intended impact is clear.
- Is committed to CPD and preparing teachers for future opportunities that come their way.
Further details and our Catholic Education Service application form is available below. If you would like any further information about the role or department, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that covering letters are not required and will not be used as part of the shortlisting or selection process. There is a section of the application form where candidates can offer further information to support their application. This can take the form of a letter of no more than two sides of A4.
Closing date: Friday 4 February 2022 at noon.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, hence all appointments made are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
|Advert - Teacher of RE Apr 22.doc||Download|
|Application Forms - Notes to Applicants.docx||Download|
|Consent to Obtain References Form.docx||Download|
|Recruitment Monitoring Form.docx||Download|
|Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 - Disclosure Form.docx||Download|
|Teacher Application Form.docx||Download|
|Teacher of RE Job Description.doc||Download|
|Teacher of RE Pers Spec.doc||Download|