Cardinal Heenan is a happy, secure, caring Catholic school where pupils are cherished and challenged to achieve. We instill a love of learning inspired by high quality teaching which develops individual strengths and talents. We encourage and celebrate creativity, original thinking, imagination, effort and achievement. We teach the importance of moral values and showing consideration for others. This is a modern school embracing a strong Catholic ethos, commitment to high academic standards and respect for all.
• intellectually challenging teaching
• a work-centred environment
• high standards consistently applied in the classroom
• clear rules governing behaviour
• homework for all pupils set regularly
• marking of pupils' work promptly and constructively by teachers
• regular formal examination practice
• frequent monitoring of progress
• defined academic goals
• strong partnership with parents
• extra-curricular activities and enrichment
My role as Headteacher is to lead the school towards outstanding so that our pupils have the best possible opportunities to succeed, whatever their starting point. I am passionate about education and its ability to make a difference. Every young person is precious and has many God-given gifts and talents: some obvious, others not yet known. I am ambitious for every pupil who enters the school. I am supported by a committed, talented staff who share this vision, know our pupils’ capabilities and support them to meet challenging targets. Our mission is to find and develop all our gifts so that every pupil shines with joy, confidence and success.